Saturday, December 18, 2010

Testing... testing

A quick update on training.

Prep phase of six weeks is complete - a really light prep phase seeing as it's been so long since I've done anything meaningful.

Finished with an FTP power test indoors on the bike with PoweTap, result 212W. Ugh.

Swimming test in a 50m pool 3x300m on 30s rest yielded a T Pace of 1:58 / 100m. Also Ugh. I could hardly move my arms in the third 300m rep.

Luckily there's a loooong way to go before IMDE next year.

Running still at zero - my ankle is almost 100% there, very rarely any pain, but I'm not in a rush, and don't want to risk starting back to early.

This week was the first Base, or proper, training week. After the test last Monday in the pool, I followed with two swim sessions of 3.3km and 2.9km respectively. I follow the workouts in the book "Workouts in a Binder: Swim Workouts for Triathletes". The book is a Godsend. Without it, swimming would be very, very dull.

Cycling saw one classic 2x20min FTP session, one VO2max intervals session, one 80min endurance (30min 70% 30min 80% 20min 90% FTP), One steady hour @ 75% FTP.

Next week is much the same at the start, but I fly back to the UK on Wednesday, so I'll be on the MBike until the 2nd Jan.

No comments: