Saturday, October 30, 2010

Still Looking Ok..

Well, two days away from the start of training (swim and bike only, no running), and six weeks of Prep phase.

A combination of Kinesio Tape, Traumeel Cream (Gel now ordered as it is supposed to be better) , Ibuprofen and simple time has allowed my heel to be painless in all activity apart from big jumps one one foot.

There is still a sore spot on the heel when pressed with toes pointed down, but otherwise all is ok. The first big test comes in the next six weeks, where I will build up slowly from 30min sessions on the bike, Aerobic power only. No FTP test, no intervals.

At the rate of improvement the last three weeks have shown, I expect to be able to run the week after Christmas.

Talking of running... I bought a pair of Nike Free's - the 7.0 model. Ok, I don't run at the moment, but even for general wear they are very comfortable - there is almost nothing to them, no real uppers, no heel upper, and no real support. The result is a light slipper with a very flexible sole. I will start my running in these. No more heavy support shoes with rigid ankle areas for me!

Next post will hopefully be a description of Prep Phase week 1 on the journey to IronMan Frankfurt, 24.07.2011.

Richard

No comments: