Sunday, October 17, 2010

Optimism ...

Well, a week after my hopes rested in the magic formula of insoles and ibuprofen gel, things are still looking good.

I still have slight pain with the odd step now and again, but only slight. No pain standing up in the morning, and no pain walking. The ankle still isn't repaired, but I think the chances are higher now than they have ever been.

Problem is that the better it becomes, the more temped I am to do little jumping tests, which end in "ouch" :)

I'll start with swimming this week again, tomorrow morning. I've also built up my IM plan for next year (wild optimism), starting with 6 weeks Prep from the first week of November. No running in the first 5 weeks of the Prep - it starts with just 3x30min sessions on the bike and two short swims and builds slowly from there. That gives me seven weeks from now for full ankle recovery.... hopefully that's enough.

No comments: