Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back in the seat... sort of

Well, the stitches came out just over a week ago.

The week following the teeth removal ended up a write off - a lot of pain and I managed one session of Z2 intervals for 60min. Otherwise, the pain was too much.

But, things improved the week before the stitches were taken out - I limited sessions to max "sweet spot" effort intervals, and finally was able in the past week to do my first FTP session using the spinervals "Extreme Treshlod Training" DVD. NP 205W, TSS 96.4. Pleased with that!!

Unfortunately, due to family circumstances, I will be travelling back to the UK each weekend for the forseeable future, which means training is limted to Mon-Friday (Effectively Tuesday-Friday, Monday is bad after travelling back to Germany).

So, weekly training structure is as follows:

Tue: FTP & Above intervals
Wed: Aerobic Z2 intervals
Thu: Aerobic Z2 intervals
Fri: Sweet Spot interals

This is all done on the trainer, with Spinervals DVD's, and gives 4-6hr per week.

Running is still a no-no until my Achilles Bursitis is 100% better.

One more week next week, and then I'll do an FTP test and see if I can beat the last score!

No comments: